TELL A FRIEND
Enter your name, e-mail address and a friend's e-mail address and click Send...
Free Joke of the
Link To Us
Date of Joke: Thursday, 4th March, 2004
We are sick and tired of hearing about how dumb people in the South are.
We challenge any so-called smart Yankee to take this exam administered by the
University of Arkansas Engineering Department:
1. Calculate the smallest limb diameter on a persimmon tree that will support a
2. Which of these cars will rust out the quickest when placed on blocks in your
front yard? A '65 Ford Fairlane, a '69 Chevrolet Chevelle or a '64 Pontiac GTO.
3. If your uncle builds a still which operates at a capacity of 20 gallons of
shine produced per hour, how many car radiators are required to condense the
4. A woodcutter has a chainsaw which operates at 2700 RPM. The density of the
pine trees in the plot to be harvested is 470 per acre. The plot is 2.3 acres
in size. The average tree diameter is 14 inches. -- --
How many Budweisers will be drunk before the trees are cut down?
5. If every old refrigerator in the state vented it's charge of R-12
simultaneously, what would be the percentage decrease in the ozone layer?
6. A front porch is constructed of 2x8 pine on 24-inch centers with a field
rock foundation. The span is 8 feet and the porch length is 16 feet. The porch
floor is 1-inch rough sawn pine. When the porch collapses, how many hound dogs
will be killed?
7. A man owns a Tennessee house and 3.7 acres of land in a hollow with an
average slope of 15%. The man has five children. Can each of his grown children
place a mobile home on the man's land and still have enough property for their
electric appliances to sit out on the front porch?
8. A 2-ton truck is overloaded and proceeding 900 yards down a steep slope on a
secondary road at 45 MPH. The brakes fail. Given average traffic conditions on
secondary roads, what is the probability that the truck will strike a vehicle
with a muffler?
9. A coal mine operates a NFPA Class 1, Division 2 Hazardous Area. The mine
employs 120 miners per shift. A gas warning is issued at the beginning of th
3rd shift. How many cartons of unfiltered Camels will be smoked during that
10. At a reduction in the gene pool variability rate of 7.5% per generation,
how long will it take a town which has been bypassed by the Interstate to breed
a country-western singer?
O.K. -- all you smarties answer up!
To get jokes like this one in your email every day, sign up for our mailing list, in the top-right hand corner of this or any other page.
[Return to Jokes Index]